Sunday, March 16, 2014

Travel to Japan: Omotesando & Yoyogi Park

OMOTESANDO

One of my fav area in Tokyo. Not as busy as Shibuya or surrounded by serious sky scrapper buildings like Shinjuku, also more pocket friendly than Ginza. Many kinds of store, boutiques and cafes or restaurants are lined up beautifully along the street. It's important to visit every alleys too :)













Many people queued or waited in front of stores and cafes even before it's opened
After a long walk (a nice one though) in Omotesando, I found myself ended up in Harajuku. Yes both areas are attached to each other. I can't write many things about Harajuku and I didn't snap a lot of pictures too while I was there, but if you're into japanese cute and unique stuffs/clothes you might love to spend your day at Harajuku Street and Takeshita Dori.

The infamous Harajuku Station
How to get there
From Tokyo Station: take subway Marunochi line to Akasaka-Mistuke Station, transfer to Ginza line and get off at Omotesando Station (+/- 15 mins)
From Asakusa Station: take subway Ginza line to Omotesando Station (+/- 30 mins)
From Shinjuku Station: take subway Oedo line to Aoyama-Itchome Station, transfer to Ginza line and get off at Omotesando Station (+/- 10 mins) or take JR train Yamanote line to Harajuku Station (+/- 5 mins)

YOYOGI PARK

I almost skip my plan to visit this park since I almost ran out of time for wandering around that day. If that happened, it would be the dumbest decision I've ever made. I just had 30 minutes, but I was so happy to be able to see a glimpse of warm and peaceful Yoyogi Park in the evening.
















Based on my pictures there are various activities that you can do in this big open air park, right? :)
It will be a perfect place to rest for a while, just before the sun goes down, after spending a pleasant afternoon in Omotesando and get lost in Harajuku's stores. To wrap the day, the journey will continue to dynamic Shibuya at night.

How to get there
From Tokyo Station: take JR train Yamanote line to Yoyogi or Harajuku Station (+/- 20 mins)
From Asakusa: take subway Ginza line to Ueno Station, transfer to JR Yamanote line and get off at Yoyogi or Harajuku Station (+/- 30 mins)
From Shinjuku: take JR Yamanote line to Yoyogi or Harajuku Station (+/- 5 mins)

No comments:

Post a Comment